Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
Gary Perlmutter, MD
One Hawthorne Place
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Hahnemann School of Medicine
- Residency, Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Perlmutter's research interests include:
- Axillary nerve injuries in athletes
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder
- Adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder
- Acromioclavicular joint biomechanics
- Perlmutter GS, Leffert RD, Zarins B. Direct injury to the axillary nerve in athletes playing contact sports. American Journal of Sports Medicine 1997; 25(1):65-68.
- Perlmutter GS, Apruzzese W. Axillary nerve injuries in contact sports: recommendations for treatment and rehabilitation. Sports Medicine 1998; 26(5):351-361.
- Perlmutter GS, Leffert RD. Pectoralis major tendon transfer for serratus anterior muscle paralysis. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 1999; 81A(3):377-384.
- Perlmutter, GS. Axillary nerve injury. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 1999; 368: 28-36.
- Leffert RD, Perlmutter GS. Thoracic outlet syndrome: Results of 282 transaxillary first rib resections. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research 1999; 368: 66-79.