Maria Vivaldi, MD
Maria Vivaldi, MD
Assistant Professor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Assistant Physician ,Massachusetts General Hospital
Boston, MAPhone: 866-644-8910
About Maria Vivaldi, MD
Maria T. Vivaldi, MD, is a clinical cardiologist and staff physician at the Corrigan Women's Heart Health Program and the Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory at the Massachusetts General Hospital's Corrigan Minehan Heart Center in Boston. She is also an Assistant Professor at the Harvard Medical school. Dr Vivaldi completed her fellowship in clinical cardiology at Brigham and Women's Hospital, followed by a fellowship in echocardiography at Mass General. For 25 years at Mass General, Dr. Vivaldi has been recognized for her teaching, and has received the Harvard Danforth Award for Excellence in Teaching. She also received the Pierre Moussa Fellow Award for her interest in cardiovascular research. She is currently the director of education for the Corrigan Women's Heart Health Program. She is a member of the American College of Cardiology.
Beyond her clinical practice, Dr. Vivaldi has championed and advocated for improved awareness and education of women concerning heart disease and cardiovascular risk factors through her involvement in the American Heart Association's Circle of Red. In her capacity as chair of the Circle of Red, she has worked diligently to support their mission of preventing and reducing the prevalence of heart disease in women. Dr. Vivaldi is bilingual and has a special interest in cardiac disease in Latino women, and participates in the AHA and has been a faculty member of the Massachusetts Medical Society's lecture series, Ethnic Differences in Cardiovascular Disease. Additionally, her clinical interests include Women's Heart Disease, Cardiac Ultrasound and Preventive Cardiology.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Heart disease in women
- Preventive cardiology
- Italian, Spanish
Mass General Heart Center
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Universidad De Concepcion - Chile
- Residency, Mount Auburn Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Research interests have included acute coronary syndromes and experimental studies on limiting/reducing infarct size through pharmacological means, with particular emphasis on drugs that modify myocardial infarct healing. She also has studied and developed methods to accurately quantify the size of myocardial infarcts enabling to measure the influence of drugs on collagen formation after myocardial infarction.
Dr Vivaldi's clinical research interest focuses on valvular heart disease, including long term follow up of mitral valve prolapse assessing different endpoints such as hospitalization, mortality and need for mitral valve surgery. Using echocardiography she has also prospectively studied a population of patients with trace aortic insufficiency to understand the natural history of the disease and determine appropriate clinical interventional points.
- Vivaldi MT, Eyre D, Kloner RA, Schoen,FJ. Effects of methylprednisolone on collagen biosynthesis in healing AMI. Am J Cardiol 1987; 60: 424-425
- Vivaldi MT, Kloner RA, Schoen FJ. Triphenyltetrazolium staining of irreversible ischemic injury following coronary artery occlusion in rats. Am J Pathol 1985; 121: 522-530
- Padial LR, Oliver A, Vivaldi M, Sagie A, Freitas N, Weyman A, Levine R.Doppler Echo assessment of progression of AR. Am J Cardiol 1997; 80: 306-314
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings