Maria Vivaldi, MD
Maria Vivaldi, MD
Assistant Professor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Assistant Physician ,Massachusetts General Hospital
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Heart Center
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Universidad De Concepcion - Chile
- Residency, Mount Auburn Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Research interests have included acute coronary syndromes and experimental studies on limiting/reducing infarct size through pharmacological means, with particular emphasis on drugs that modify myocardial infarct healing. She also has studied and developed methods to accurately quantify the size of myocardial infarcts enabling to measure the influence of drugs on collagen formation after myocardial infarction.
Dr Vivaldi's clinical research interest focuses on valvular heart disease, including long term follow up of mitral valve prolapse assessing different endpoints such as hospitalization, mortality and need for mitral valve surgery. Using echocardiography she has also prospectively studied a population of patients with trace aortic insufficiency to understand the natural history of the disease and determine appropriate clinical interventional points.
- Vivaldi MT, Eyre D, Kloner RA, Schoen,FJ. Effects of methylprednisolone on collagen biosynthesis in healing AMI. Am J Cardiol 1987; 60: 424-425
- Vivaldi MT, Kloner RA, Schoen FJ. Triphenyltetrazolium staining of irreversible ischemic injury following coronary artery occlusion in rats. Am J Pathol 1985; 121: 522-530
- Padial LR, Oliver A, Vivaldi M, Sagie A, Freitas N, Weyman A, Levine R.Doppler Echo assessment of progression of AR. Am J Cardiol 1997; 80: 306-314