Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, George Washington University School of Medicine
- Residency, George Washington University Hospital
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Children's National Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Along with colleagues from the MIT Sloan School of Management, we are developing tools and methodologies to redesign the provision of patient care in the perioperatve environment. This unique collaboration is focusing on the utilization of resources throughout the patient care experience, from surgeons' offices to the post operative floor care with the aim of improving the quality, efficiency, and cost of delivering perioperative care to patients. Through the iterative development and subsequent implementation of the findings, we hope to provide new tools and methods for use in other centers, not just in the perioperative environment, but throughout the medical center.
- Sokal SM, Chang Y, Craft DL, Sandberg WS, Dunn PF, Berger DL. Surgeon profiling: a key to optimum operating room use. Arch Surg. 2007 Apr;142(4):365-70.
- Dunn PF, Landesberg G. Perioperative beta-blocker therapy and mortality. N Engl J Med. 2005 Dec 8;353(23):2513-5; author reply 2513-5. No abstract available.
- Riddell JM, Black JH, Brewster DC, Dunn PF. Endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2005 Winter;43(1):79-91. Review. No abstract available.
- Lecamwasam HS, Baboolal HA, Dunn PF. Acute adrenal insufficiency after large-dose glucocorticoids for spinal cord injury. Anesth Analg. 2004 Dec;99(6):1813-4, table of contents.
- Cambria RP, Clouse WD, Davison JK, Dunn PF, Corey M, Dorer D. Thoracoabdominal aneurysm repair: results with 337 operations performed over a 15-year interval. Ann Surg. 2002 Oct;236(4):471-9; discussion 479.
- Dunn PF, Goulet RL. Endotracheal tubes and airway appliances. Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2000 Summer;38(3):65-94. Review. No abstract available.
- Dunn PF. Physiology of the lateral decubitus position and one-lung ventilation. Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2000 Winter;38(1):25-53. Review.