Charlestown , MAPhone: 617-952-5000
About Donna Nimec, MD, MS
Donna Nimec, M.D. is board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and subspecialty certified in Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine. She has additional training in general pediatric medicine. She holds a Masters degree in Special Education and has permanent teaching certification in New York State. Dr. Nimec spent six years working with students with disabilities in the classroom setting prior to her training in medicine. She has worked with children with special needs for over 30 years.
For nineteen years, she served as medical director of the inpatient Child and Adolescent Program at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, with a primary focus being on the treatment of children with traumatic brain injury and stroke. She is also part of the Department of Orthopaedics at Children?s Hospital and a member of the Trauma Team.
As a result of her training in education, Dr. Nimec works closely with school districts to help maximize functional outcome of children who have sustained injuries. She has given presentations at a variety of state, regional, and national conferences on rehabilitation of children with various diagnoses. She has been active in helping coordinate medical management and educational reintegration programs.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Cerebral palsy
- Gait and Motion Analysis
- Pediatric Physical Medicine
- Pediatric Spinal Cord Injury
- Pediatric Stroke Recovery
- Traumatic brain injury and concussion in children
- Adult & Pediatrics
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
300 First Ave.
Charlestown , MA 02129
- MD, State University of New York - Buffalo
- Residency, Children's Hospital of Denver
- Residency, Univ. of CO Health Science Ctr, Campus Box C293
American Board Certifications
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- United Healthplan (non-HMO) - other
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Wharton RH, Nimec DL. ???Overview of Pediatric Rehabilitation???, Ambulatory Pediatric Care 1998;Third Edition:260-267.
Waters PM, Zurakowski D, Patterson P, Bae DS, Nimec D. Interobserver and intraobserver reliability of therapist-assisted videotaped evaluations of upper-limb hemiplegia. J Hand Surg Am 2004; 29(2): 328-34.
Patritti BL, Straudi S, Deming LC, Benedetti MG, Nimec DL, Bonato P. Robotic gait training in an adult with cerebral palsy: a case report. PM R. 2010 Jan;2(1):71-5.
Patritti B, Sicari M, Deming LC, Romaguera F, Pelliccio MM, Kasi P, Benedetti MG, Nimec DL, Bonato P. The Role of Augmented Feedback in Pediatric Robotic-Assisted Gait Training: A Case Series. Technology and Disability 2010; 22(4): 215-27.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings