Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MBCHB, University of Cape Town
- MB BCH, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Residency, Edendale Hospital
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Tufts Medical Center
- Fellowship, Tufts New England Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Pediatric Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr Firth is head of the Division of Community and Global Health in the Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine. His clinical, education and research work is focused on collaborations in Mbarara, Uganda. Currently he is working on developing a surgical outcome database at Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital. The database is supported by funding from the GE Foundation, the Milton Foundation and the MGH Center for Global Health. He also is active in a variety of anesthesia partnerships between the MGH and Mbarara, including education initiatives, ultrasound guided regional anesthesia, and pain management.
Dr Firth's other published work involves pediatric anesthetic clinical practice. He has written extensively on sickle cell disease. Expedition leader of the 2004 Norwegian-American North Everest Expedition, he is interested in high altitude physiology.