When you put on weight, do the pounds show up at your waistline or on your hips? The answer could have long-term implications for your risk of developing coronary heart disease (CHD) and Type 2 diabetes.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Center
25 New Chardon Street
Boston, MA 02114-4774
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Press Release
- Nov | 13 | 2016
A study led by Massachusetts General Hospital investigators has found that, even among those at high genetic risk for heart disease, following a healthy lifestyle can cut in half the probability of a heart attack or similar event.