Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-2740
Danvers, MAPhone: 978-882-6600
About Maria Troulis, DDS, MS
Dr. Maria Troulis is known for her work with minimally invasive oral and maxillofacial surgery techniques. She has been a major collaborator in the development of distraction osteogenesis, tissue engineering, and endoscopic applications in the oral and maxillofacial region.
Canadian-born from Greek descent, Dr. Troulis attended McGill University in Montreal, where she completed her DDS in dentistry. She completed her residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at Montreal General Hospital. She is a diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Associate Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
Dr. Troulis is co-editor of the text Pediatric Maxillofacial Surgery and of the text Minimally Invasive Maxillofacial Surgery. She has authored more than 60 peer-reviewed articles and 15 chapters. She has also produced three teaching videotapes on minimally invasive therapies.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Dentoalveolar surgery
- Implants and wisdom teeth
- Minimally Invasive Techniques (Distraction Osteogenesis and Endoscopy)
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Orthognathic surgery (corrective jaw surgery)
- Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Reconstruction Surgery
- Adult & Pediatrics
- French, Greek
Mass General Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
55 Fruit St.
Wang Ambulatory Care Center
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General Dental Group at Danvers
104 Endicott St.
Danvers, MA 01923
- DDS, McGill University
- Residency, Montreal General Hospital
- Residency, Royal Victoria Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surg., American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Dental
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Delta Dental
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicaid Dental
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- Met Life Dental
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New Hampshire Dental
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Abramson Z, Susarla S, August M, Troulis M, Kaban L. Three-dimensional computed tomographic analysis of airway anatomy in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010 Feb;68(2):354-62.
- Bouchard C, Troulis MJ, Kaban LB. Management of obstructive sleep apnea: role of distraction osteogenesis. Oral and maxillofacial surgery clinics of North America. 2009 Nov;21(4):459-75.
- Abukawa H, Phelps M, Jackson P, Smith RM, Vacanti JP, Kaban LB, Troulis MJ. Effect of ibuprofen on osteoblast differentiation of porcine bone marrow-derived progenitor cells. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009 Nov;67(11):2412-7.
- Kaban LB, Bouchard C, Troulis MJ. A protocol for management of temporomandibular joint ankylosis in children. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009 Sep;67(9):1966-78.
- Kaban LB, Seldin EB, Kikinis R, Yeshwant K, Padwa BL, Troulis MJ. Clinical application of curvilinear distraction osteogenesis for correction of mandibular deformities. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009 May;67(5):996-1008.
- Resnick CM, Kaban LB, Troulis MJ. Minimally invasive orthognathic surgery. Facial Plast Surg.2009 Feb;25(1):49-62.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings