Alec Meleger, MD
Alec Meleger, MD
Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Harvard Medical School
Director, Interventional Spine Services, Newton-Wellesley Hospital Spine Center
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Newton-Wellesley Hospital Spine Center
159 Wells Ave
Newton, MA 02459
- MD, Albert Einstein College of Med.
- MD, Albert Einstein college of medicine
- MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva Uni
- Residency, Harvard/Spaulding Rehab Hospital
- Residency, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
- Fellowship, UC Davis Medical Center
- Fellowship, University of California Davis Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Pain Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Pain Medicine, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Pain Medicine, American Board of Phys Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Meleger A, Borg-Stein J: Acupuncture and Sports Medicine: AReview of Published Studies. Medical Acupuncture Fall 1999/Winter 2000; 11(2)
Fishman SM, Smith H, Meleger A, Seibert JA. Radiation Safetyin Pain Medicine. Reg Anesth Pain Med 2002; 27: 296-305.
Borg-Stein J,Seroussi RE, Gomba L, Meleger A et al. Safety and Efficacy ofPercutaneous Neuromodulation Therapy in the Management of Subacute RadiatingLow Back Pain. Pain Practice. June 2003, 3(2), 125.
Audette JF, Emenike EL, Meleger AL. Neuropathic Low BackPain. Current Pain and Headache Reports. 2005 Jun;9(3):168-77.
Meleger AL. Muscle relaxants and antispasticity agents. Phys Med Rehabil Clin NAm 2006 May; 17(2) :401-13.
Meleger AL, Krivickas LS. Neck and back pain: musculoskeletal disorders. NeurolClin. 2007 May;25(2):419-38. Review.
Meleger AL: Cervical Stenosis. In Frontera WR: Essentials ofPhysical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Philadelphia, Saunders Elsevier, 2008, pp27-31.
Shinchuk LM, Chiou P, Czarnowski V, Meleger AL. Demographics and attitudes of chronic pain patients who seek onlinepain-related medical information: implications for health care providers. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2010 Feb;89(2):141-6
Audette JF, Walker, J, Meleger AL: Neuropathic Low BackPain. In Jay GW: Practical Guideto Chronic Pain Syndromes. Informa Healthcare, 2009, pp 206-227.