Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Pathology, American Board of Pathology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Current areas of clinicopathologic investigation include:
Early epithelial neoplasia of the breast
Phyllodes tumors and other biphasic lesions of the breast
Use of immunohistochemistry as a diagnostic aid in breast pathology
Metastatic tumors to the ovary
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Case 1-2015. A 66-year-old woman with metastatic breast cancer after endocrine therapy. Moy B, Specht MC, Lanuti M, Rafferty EA, Lerwill MF. N Engl J Med. 2015 Jan 8;372(2):162-70. doi: 10.1056/NEJMcpc1408601. No abstract available.
- Computational pathology to discriminate benign from malignant intraductal proliferations of the breast. Dong F, Irshad H, Oh EY, Lerwill MF, Brachtel EF, Jones NC, Knoblauch NW, Montaser-Kouhsari L, Johnson NB, Rao LK, Faulkner-Jones B, Wilbur DC, Schnitt SJ, Beck AH. PLoS One. 2014 Dec 9;9(12):e114885. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0114885. eCollection 2014.
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Case 17-2011. A 49-year-old woman with a mass in the breast and overlying skin changes. Overmoyer BA, Lee JM, Lerwill MF. N Engl J Med. 2011 Jun 9;364(23):2246-54. doi: 10.1056/NEJMcpc1100922. No abstract available.