Shan Liu, MD, SD
Shan Liu, MD, SD
Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-4100
About Shan Liu, MD, SD
Dr. Shan Woo Liu, an attending physician in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital, received her M.D. from Harvard Medical School and her S.D. in Health Policy from Harvard School of Public Health. Dr. Liu completed her residency at Harvard Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency Program (HAEMR) at Brigham and Women's Hospital and MGH.
Dr. Liu is currently an Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine at Harvard Medical School. She is the MGH Geriatric Emergency Medicine Division Fellowship Directors and is the Academy of Geriatric Emergency Medicine President. She has been invited to teach and speak nationally and internationally on geriatric emergency medicine and emergency department management of fall patients.
- Emergency Department Crowding
- Geriatric Trauma
- Global health
- Health Services and Quality of Care
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General Emergency Medicine
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02115
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Emergency Medicine, American Board of Emergency Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Liu serves on the Emergency Department Research Advisory Committee. She has been the P.I. of a project to determine the frequency of delays, errors, and adverse events among patients with chest pain, pneumonia, and cellulitis who are boarding in the ED. Dr. Liu continues to be interested in the causes of emergency department overcrowding and the correlation with patient morbidity and mortality.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings