Aunque los efectos a largo plazo del COVID-19 son todavía desconocidos, muchos pacientes que buscan volver a la vida normal después de la pandemia lo encuentran más difícil de lo esperado.
Joanne Stein, MD
Joanne Stein, MD
Medical Director: Spine Center at Newton Wellesley Hospital
Medical Director: Spaulding/Wellesley Rehabilitation Center
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Spaulding-Wellesley Outpatient Center
65 Walnut Street
Wellesley, MA 02481-2118
- MD, Albert Einstein College of Med.
- MD, Albert Einstein college of medicine
- MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva Uni
- Residency, New York Presbyterian Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Pain Medicine, American Board of Phys Medicine and Rehab
- Pain Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, American Board of Phys Medicine and Rehab
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Phys Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
My clinical area of expertise is sports medicine, myofascial pain and soft tissue causes of back pain. I have organized national and regional courses on muscle pain, cervicogenic dizziness, musculoskeletal disorders of pregnancy, athletic hip injuries, medical acupuncture and exercise training in rehabilitation, reflecting clinical expertise. I have combined medical acupuncture with pharmacology expertise and behavioral strategies for pain management. I have strong interest in women's musculoskeletal health and sports medicine. Areas of special therapeutic interest include prolotherapy, platelet rich plasma and diagnostic/interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound.
My most recent area of clinical research is in collaboration with the Sports Medicine Department at Wellesley College. We are studying lower extremity strength, flexibility and dynamic control and assessing risk factors for lower extremity injury in female varsity college athletes. I also am actively involved in clinical research about platelet rich plasma injection for sports medicine and musculoskeletal pain.
- Jul | 1 | 2020
While the long-term effects of COVID-19 are still unknown, many patients looking to return to normal life post-COVID are finding this more difficult than expected.