Rebecca Kolp, MD
Rebecca Kolp, MD
Medical Director, MassGeneral West
Assistant professor at Harvard Medical School
Waltham, MAPhone: 781-487-3860
About Rebecca Kolp, MD
I am a general Obstetrician/Gynecologist. I see both gynecologic and obstetric patients in the Waltham office location. I am honored to have been selected to serve as the Medical Director at MGH West since 2003.
I spent eight years training at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, where I completed both medical school and residency. I graduated from Johns Hopkins in 1999. I came to the Massachusetts General Hospital in 2001 as an Attending Physician.
I have always believed that each patient deserves to be treated as I would wish my mother or sister to be treated. For that reason, I strive to provide the absolute best care to each of my patients. I take care of obstetrical patients, including those with multiple pregnancies, advanced maternal age, and those desiring a vaginal delivery after a Cesarean section. My goal is for each patient to have the delivery she wants, while ensuring her safety as well as the safety of her baby.
I also take care of gynecologic patients with a wide variety of problems including, but not limited to, difficulties with menses, fibroids, abnormal pap smears, ovarian cysts, a family history of gynecologic disorders, for birth control, vaginal discharge, etc. I provide both the medical and surgical solutions patients require to improve these conditions. I attempt always to provide this care with the compassion I would wish for myself.
Throughout my career, I have been an active teacher and instructor. I think that my greatest contribution to residents and medical students as a teacher is to convey to them the importance of this level of compassion and to teach them the operative skills necessary to be great surgeons.
Outside of my clinic hours I enjoy spending time with my family, cooking and exploring new places. I also love good books and exercising.
- Abnormal Pap Smear
- Abnormal Periods
- Adolescent gynecology
- Birth control
- Ovarian masses/cysts
- Postmenopausal issues
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Vaginal discharge
Waltham: Mass General Waltham
Mass General Fertility Center at Waltham
52 Second Ave.
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency, Johns Hopkins Hospital***
American Board Certifications
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings