Anand Viswanathan, MD, PhD
Anand Viswanathan, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School
Associate Director, Mass General Brigham Telestroke Program
Boston, MAPhone: 855-644-6387
About Anand Viswanathan, MD, PhD
Dr. Viswanathan is a member of the Massachusetts Alzheimer's Disease Research Center and is a staff neurologist in both the Stroke Service and Memory Disorders Unit. He received his MD, PhD in medicine and molecular genetics from Emory University. He was trained in internal medicine at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center prior to his residency program in vascular neurology at the Massachusetts General Hospital and the Brigham and Women's Hospital.
Dr. Viswanathan served as a clinical research fellow with Professors Marie-Germaine Bousser and Hugues Chabriat at the Hospital Lariboisiere in Paris from 2005-2006. His group actively collaborates with colleagues at the Hospital. Dr. Viswanathan's research interests include studying the contributions of stroke and vascular risk factors to dementia.
- Cerebral amyloid angiopathy (CAA)
- Memory disorders
Mass General Neurology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- PhD, MD, Emory University
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Hopital Lariboisiere
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Vascular Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Research interests focus on studying the contribution of stroke and vascular risk factors to cognitive impairment and dementia.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings