Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-8639
About David Chen, MD
Dr. David Chen attended college and medical school at the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY. He obtained undergraduate degrees in the study of American Sign Language and Deaf Studies (B.A.) as well as in Neuroscience (B.S.). In medical school, he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha National Honor Society and won the Bryce Collier prize for his medical relief work in Jamaica. He was an intern in Internal Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and did his neurology residency at MGH and Brigham and Women's Hospital. He is boarded-certified in Neurology as well as board-certified in Pain. He is also certified in Headache Medicine by the United Council of Neurological Subspecialties.
Dr. Chen's research focuses on he interactions of the nervous and immune system. He completed a fellowship in the laboratory of Dr. Anne Louise Oaklander looking at various human models of nerve injury pain. He has particular interests in headache and migraine, shingles, trigeminal neuralgia and facial pain disorders, complex regional pain syndrome and has lectured on all of these subjects.
Dr. Chen serves as the associate director of the outpatient Neurology Clinics at MGH as well as the director of the Neurology Urgent Access Clinic.
- Neuropathic pain
- Postherpetic neuralgia
- Italian, Taiwanese
Mass General Neurology: Comprehensive Neurology Division
55 Fruit St.
Wang Ambulatory Care Center
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Residency, Brigham and Women's/Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Pain Medicine, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings