Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Surgical Oncology Associates
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
Mass General Waltham
52 Second Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Residency, Cornell University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
American Board Certifications
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Treatment of lymphedema after breast cancer
- Coopey SB, Buckley JM, Smith BL, Hughes KS, Gadd MA, Specht MC. Lumpectomy cavity shaved margins do not impact re-excision rates in breast cancer patients. Annals of Surgical Oncology. In press
- Coopey SB, Smith BL, Hanson SA, Buckley JM, Hughes KS, Gadd MA, Specht MC. The Safety of Multiple Re-Excisions after Lumpectomy for Breast Cancer. Annals of Surgical Oncology. In press
- Specht, M and Black D,* Lee, JM, Dominguez F, Gadd, M, Hughes K, Rafferty E, Smith BL. Detecting Occult Malignancy in Prophylactic Mastectomy: Pre-Operative MRI versus Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy. Ann Surg Oncol. Nov 2007, 2477-84.
- Specht MC, Kattan MW, Gonen M, Fey J, Van Zee KJ. Predicting nonsentinel node status after positive sentinel lymph node biopsy for breast cancer: Clinician versus nomogram. Ann Surg Oncol. 12: 654-9, 2005.
- Specht MC, Fey J, Borgen P, Cody H. Is the clinically positive axilla in breast cancer really a contraindication to sentinel lymph node biopsy. J Am Coll of Surg. Jan 2005: 200; 10 - 14.