Andrew Liteplo, MD
Andrew Liteplo, MD
Director, Center for Ultrasound Research and Education
Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-4100
About Andrew Liteplo, MD
Dr. Andrew Liteplo is an attending physician at the Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Emergency Medicine. He is Chief of the Division of Ultrasound in Emergency Medicine. Dr. Liteplo received his M.D. from New York University School of Medicine. He completed his residency in emergency medicine at Kings County Medical Center, which was followed by an Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.
Dr. Liteplo is an Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine at Harvard Medical School. He has lectured at many courses nationally and internationally as an expert in emergency ultrasound. In 2007, Dr. Liteplo founded the Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship which has trained over 60 fellows worldwide and recently won the SCUF Stellar Ultrasound Fellowship Award. He currently directs the Center for Ultrasound Research and Education at MGH, whose mission it is to improve patient care worldwide through point-of-care ultrasound research, innovation, and education.
Dr. Liteplo is a Past-President of the Academy of Emergency Ultrasound of the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine. He is an elected member to the Board of Directors of the Society for Clinical Ultrasound Fellowships and an appointee to the ABEM AEMUS Examination Committee. He is the founder of the SCUF annual conference and the annual SonoGames national competition.
- Emergency Ultrasound
- Thoracic Ultrasound
- Adult & Pediatrics
- French, Spanish, Ukrainian
Mass General Emergency Medicine
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02115
- MD, New York University School of Medicine
- Residency, Kings County Hospital Center
- Fellowship, St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital Center
American Board Certifications
- Emergency Medicine, American Board of Emergency Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Liteplo's primary research interest is thoracic and critical ultrasound, specifically with identification of pulmonary pathology in dyspneic and hypotensive patients. Dr. Liteplo is also involved in research studying the education of nurses in using ultrasound, the effect on patient satisfaction of bedside ultrasound, telesonography, utility of ultrasound in international and resource-poor settings, education in ultrasound fellowships, and cost-effectiveness research.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings