Emily Hayden, MD
Emily Hayden, MD
Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-4100
About Emily Hayden, MD
Emily M. Hayden, MD, MHPE, an attending physician and Director of Telemedicine at Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Emergency Medicine. She received her MD from Indiana University School of Medicine and completed her residency in emergency medicine at Indiana University School of Medicine. Dr. Hayden then completed a fellowship in the Gilbert Program in Medical Simulation with Harvard Medical School and MGH and completed a master's degree in Health Profession Education (MHPE) at University of Illinois at Chicago. She is currently an assistant professor in Emergency Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Hayden’s area of interest is telehealth and its use in emergency medicine. She has led telehealth initiatives at the departmental and national levels. She leads the direct-to-patient and direct-to-provider telehealth programs at the MGH Department of Emergency Medicine. Dr. Hayden is the founding Chair of the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) Telehealth Interest Group, the Chair of the SAEM 2020 Consensus Conference on Telehealth in Emergency Medicine, and the Technology Subcommittee Chair of American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Health Information Technology Committee. She also is a member of the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) Telehealth Advisory Committee.
Dr. Hayden’s research currently focuses on telehealth in emergency medicine, from the use of telehealth nationally for transfer coordination to the comparison of telehealth to in-person patient evaluations.
- Medical Education
- Medical simulation
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General Emergency Medicine
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02115
- MD, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Residency, Methodist Hospital of Indiana
American Board Certifications
- Emergency Medicine, American Board of Emergency Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Hayden's research interests focus on simulation and medical education. Her master's thesis was the development of an instrument for the assessment of clinical reasoning in preclinical medical students.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings