Holly Khachadoorian-Elia, MD
Holly Khachadoorian-Elia, MD
OB/GYN Vice Chair for Administration
Associate Director / Advisor - Harvard Medical School - Peabody Society
Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-2229
About Holly Khachadoorian-Elia, MD
Dr. Khachadoorian-Elia was born and raised in the Boston area. She proudly attended the College of the Holy Cross where she was a Psychology/Pre-Med major. Prior to attending medical school, she worked as an auditor for two years at Coopers & Lybrand in Boston. She then received her MD from Tufts University School of Medicine in 2002, where she was named a member of AOA. Dr. Khachadoorian-Elia also earned an MBA in Health Mgmt through a combined program with Tufts University School of Medicine, Northeastern University College of Business Administration and Brandeis University Heller School for Social Policy and Management. She then completed her residency training in Obstetrics & Gynecology at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in 2006. She has been practicing general Ob/Gyn at MGH since July 2006. As of 2016, she has utilized her MBA training as the Vice Chair for Administration for the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
Dr. Khachadoorian-Elia has a long-standing interest in medical student and resident education. She is an Assistant Professor in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology at Harvard Medical School. She currently serves as Associate Director & Advisor for Peabody Society at HMS after over ten years of experience in Ob/Gyn Clerkship leadership at MGH. She has served on a number of Harvard Medical School committees including the OB/GYN Clerkship Committee, Admissions Committee and the LCME Oversight/Steering Committee. She completed the APGO Academic Scholars and Leaders Program in 2013 which further developed her teaching and leadership skills and is also a 2018 graduate of the MGPO Physician Leadership Development Program.
When she is not caring for her patients at MGH, she enjoys spending all her free time with her husband Chris, son Jack and daughter Vanessa.
- Delivery management
- General obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Labor management
- LGBT family building
- Long-acting reversible contraception (LARC) including IUD's and implants
- Medical Education
- Multiple gestation
- Prenatal Care
- Vaginal birth after cesarean section (VBAC)
Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
Mass General Obstetrics and Gynecology
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- M.D., M.B.A., Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Atkins K, Johnson N, Khachadoorian-Elia H, Mackenzie M, Wosu U, York-Best C, Ricciotti H. A Standardized Oral Examination for Obstetrics and Gynecology Clerkships. MedEdPORTAL Publications; 2016. Available from: https://www.mededportal.org/publication/10393 http://dx.doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10393
- Chen XP, Atkins KM, Khachadoorian-Elia HR, Johnson NR. Relationship Among Trainee-as-Teacher (TaT) Barriers, Clinical Settings, and Trainees’ Experience Levels in OB/GYN: a Mixed Method Study. Medical Science Educator; 2016; DOI: 10.1007/s40670-016-0256-5.
- Khachadoorian-Elia HR. Resident Education in Menopause: Why it is Important and How We Can Best Achieve It. Menopause – The Journal of the North American Menopause Society, Volume 23, Issue 3, 2016.
- Johnson N, Khachadoorian-Elia H, Royce C, York-Best C, Atkins K, Chen XP, Pelletier A. Faculty Perspectives on the Use of Standardized Versus Non-Standardized Oral Examinations to Assess Medical Students. Int J Med Educ. 2018; 9:255-261; DOI: 10.5116/ijme.5b96.17ca.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings