David Binder, MD
David Binder, MD
Director of Spine Training for the Harvard/Spaulding Sports Medicine Fellowship Program
Instructor in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Orthopaedics: Spine Center
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Spaulding Hospital for Continuing Medical Care
1575 Cambridge St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
- MD, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Residency, The Cambridge Hospital
- Residency, Tufts Medical Center
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Pain Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
In addition to his leadership positions, Dr. Binder is actively involved in care redesign initiatives at Massachusetts General Hospital. He is currently involved in research focused on the use of educational decision aids aimed at improving patient understanding of treatment options.
Dr. Binder is also involved in innovation initiatives aimed at discovering healthcare related solutions.
- Binder DS, Nampiaparampil DE. The provocative lumbar facet joint. Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2009 Mar;2(1):15-24. doi: 10.1007/s12178-008-9039-y. Epub 2009 Mar 31.
- Choi H, Binder DS, Oropilla ML, Bernotus EE, Konya D, Nee MA, Tammaro EA, Sabharwal S. Evaluation of selected laboratory components of a comprehensive periodic health evaluation for veterans with spinal cord injury and disorders. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2006 May;87(5):603-10.
- Binder, DS. Lipid Testing in Patients With Spinal Cord Injury. Rehab News 2005;6:1-2.
- Binder DS, Akbik H, Wennemer H, Tammaro B. Chronic Pain Exacerbated by Constipation in Spinal Cord Injury: A Case Study. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2005;84:227-8.