David Binder, MD
David Binder, MD
Assistant Professor, Harvard Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Orthopaedic Spine Service
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Spaulding Hospital for Continuing Medical Care
1575 Cambridge St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
- MBA, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MD, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Residency, Tufts Medical Center
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Pain Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
In addition to his leadership positions, Dr. Binder is actively involved in care redesign initiatives at Massachusetts General Hospital. He is currently involved in research focused on the use of educational decision aids aimed at improving patient understanding of treatment options.
Dr. Binder is also involved in innovation initiatives aimed at discovering healthcare related solutions.
- Binder DS, Nampiaparampil DE. The provocative lumbar facet joint. Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2009 Mar;2(1):15-24. PMID: 19468914, PMCID: PMC2684949, Click Here
- Silver JK, Binder DS, Zubcevik N, Zafonte RD. Healthcare Hackathons Provide Educational and Innovation Opportunities: A Case Study and Best Practice Recommendations. J Med Syst. 2016 Jul;40(7):177. PMID: 27277278, PMCID: PMC4899493.
- Brown L, Chen ET, Binder DS. The use of virtual reality for Peri-procedural pain and anxiety at an outpatient spine clinic injection visit: an exploratory controlled randomized trial. Am J Transl Res. 2020;12(9):5818-5826. PMID: 33042461, PMCID: PMC7540157.
- Brown L, DiCenso-Fleming T, Ensign T, Boyd AJ, Monaghan G, Binder DS. Chronic pain education delivered with a virtual reality headset in outpatient physical therapy clinics: a multi-site exploratory trial. Am J Transl Res. 2023;15(5):3500-3510. PMID: 37303618, PMCID: PMC10250992.