David Binder, MD
David Binder, MD
Director of Spine Training for the Harvard/Spaulding Sports Medicine Fellowship Program
Instructor in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Orthopaedic Spine Center
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
1575 Cambridge Street
Cambridge, MA 02138-4308
- MD, State University of New York at Buffalo
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine
- MD, SUNY at Buffalo, School of Medicine
- Residency, The Cambridge Hospital
- Residency, Tufts Medical Center
- Residency, Tufts Medical Center and Affiliated Hospitals, Phy
- Residency, Tufts New England Medical Center
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham & Women's Hospital/MGH/BIDMC
American Board Certifications
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Pain Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
In addition to his leadership positions, Dr. Binder is actively involved in care redesign initiatives at Massachusetts General Hospital. He is currently involved in research focused on the use of educational decision aids aimed at improving patient understanding of treatment options.
Dr. Binder is also involved in innovation initiatives aimed at discovering healthcare related solutions.
- Binder DS, Nampiaparampil DE. The provocative lumbar facet joint. Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2009 Mar;2(1):15-24. doi: 10.1007/s12178-008-9039-y. Epub 2009 Mar 31.
- Choi H, Binder DS, Oropilla ML, Bernotus EE, Konya D, Nee MA, Tammaro EA, Sabharwal S. Evaluation of selected laboratory components of a comprehensive periodic health evaluation for veterans with spinal cord injury and disorders. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2006 May;87(5):603-10.
- Binder, DS. Lipid Testing in Patients With Spinal Cord Injury. Rehab News 2005;6:1-2.
- Binder DS, Akbik H, Wennemer H, Tammaro B. Chronic Pain Exacerbated by Constipation in Spinal Cord Injury: A Case Study. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2005;84:227-8.