Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-3030
About Jeanine Wiener-Kronish, MD
Research interests: Pseudomonas aeruginosa lung infections, the molecular identification of bacteria, bacterial communities and their effect on lung infections. The use of electrical impedance tomography and esophageal manometry for adjusting mechanical ventilation settings in the ICU and in the OR. The use of remote monitoring to improve perioperative patient outcomes.
- Intensive care anesthesia
- Pre-admission testing
Mass General Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, UC San Francisco School of Medicine
- Residency, Mount Zion Hospital & Medical Center
- Residency, UC San Francisco
- Fellowship, UC San Francisco
- Fellowship, University of California San Francisco
American Board Certifications
- Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Critical Care Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Wiener-Kronish has devoted much of her academic career to investigating the mechanism of acute lung injury produced by Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a gram negative bacterium that can infect patients in the intensive care unit. Her past research focused on the mechanism of pleural fluid formation during acute lung injury, how toxins produced by Pseudomonas cause acute lung injury, and the production of humanized antibodies that will block these products. Most recently, she has investigated the epidemiology of bacterial communities in asthmatics, critically ill patients and in young, newly colonized patients with cystic fibrosis. The goal of her research is to establish whether there are beneficial communities of bacteria that protect patients against asthma and infections. Dr. Wiener-Kronish is working with oral biologists and environmental scientists to utilize molecular identification of bacteria for these investigations.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings