Conor Barrett, MD
Conor Barrett, MD
Clinical Director, Telemachus & Irene Demoulas Family Foundation Center for Cardiac Arrhythmias
Boston, MAPhone: 866-644-8910
About Conor Barrett, MD
Dr. Barrett received his BMedSc, MB BCh BAO degrees from the National University of Ireland, Cork. He completed his surgical and medical internships, and subsequently completed his internal medicine residency in Cork University Hospital. His cardiology fellowship training in Ireland was supervised and overseen by the Royal College of Physicians, Ireland. He then completed two years of fellowship training in Cardiac Electrophysiology at Cleveland Clinic, Ohio. Dr. Barrett joined the staff of the Telemachus & Irene Demoulas Family Foundation Center for Cardiac Arrhythmias at Massachusetts General Hospital in 2008.
His main clinical and research interests focus on catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias, particularly ventricular tachycardia (VT), atrial fibrillation (AF), and other supraventricular tachycardias (SVTs). Dr Barrett also performs implantation and follow-up of cardiac devices therapy including pacemakers, Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT) devices. He also performs LASER assisted extractions of implanted cardiac devices.
Dr. Barrett is currently accepting new patients.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Atrial fibrillation
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT)
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD) and pacemakers
- Implantation of cardiac devices for stroke prevention
- Supraventricular tachycardias
- Ventricular tachycardia
Mass General: Demoulas Center for Cardiac Arrhythmias
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- , National University of Ireland, Cork
- MB BCH, University of Ireland
- Residency, Cork University Hospital, Ireland
- Fellowship, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Fellowship, Cork University Hospital, Ireland
- Fellowship, Limerick Regional Hospital
- Fellowship, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital
- Fellowship, St. Vincent's University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Barrett's research interests are in both the clinical and experimental (pre-clinical) fields.
He is currently engaged in collaboration with researchers in MIT on a project for enhanced mapping of ventricular arrhythmias. He also has collaborated with other researchers in Massachusetts General Hospital on projects involving localization and characterization of the scar involved in ventricular tachycardia, which can lead to sudden death. He also has been researched the feasibility of a novel pacing strategy for heart failure. Other research interests include novel and emerging technologies for catheter and balloon-based ablation. Dr Barrett is also an investigator for many multi-center studies involving ablation technologies and strategies, and also novel device technologies.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings