Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-7792
About Marlene Freeman, MD
Marlene P. Freeman, M.D. is a Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School; the Medical Director, Clinical Trials Network & Institute; Director of Clinical Services and Associate Director, Perinatal and Reproductive Psychiatry Program, Massachusetts General Hospital;.
Dr. Freeman completed medical school at Northwestern University Medical School. She completed residency at the Harvard Longwood Psychiatry Residency Program and a research fellowship in the Biological Psychiatry Program at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.
Her research and clinical expertise is in the areas of mood disorders and women's mental health. She established and directed Women's Mental Health Programs at the University of Arizona and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
As a researcher in perinatal psychiatry, she has specific experience working with vulnerable populations. She also has extensive experience in the area of safety, recruitment, and retention of women in clinical trials. She is Editor-in-Chief for The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry.
She is a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association (APA), and chaired the APA Task Force on Complementary and Alternative Medicine, subcommittee on Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Psychiatry, and was a member of the APA's workgroup on Major Depressive Disorder treatment guidelines.
She is on the Board of Directors of the American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology (ASCP) and Postpartum Progress, Inc, and is a Fellow of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP).
- Complementary and alternative medicine
- Menopausal transition
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
- planning for pregnancy
- premenstrual dysphoric disorder
Mass General Psychiatry: Adult Outpatient Psychiatry Services
55 Fruit St.
Wang Ambulatory Care Center
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Northwestern University Medical School
- Residency, Harvard Longwood Psychiatry Residency Training Program
- Fellowship, University of Cincinnati++
American Board Certifications
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health - MGH
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings