Daniel Deschler, MD
Daniel Deschler, MD
Physician and Surgeon
Harvard Medical School Professor of Otolaryngology?Head and Neck Surgery
Boston, MAPhone: 617-523-7900
About Daniel Deschler, MD
Dr. Daniel Deschler has spent more than two decades dedicated to improving cancer care and reconstruction. Seeing patients in Mass. Eye and Ear's head and neck clinic, his clinical interests cover the breadth of head and neck oncologic and reconstructive surgery including, advanced malignancies of the upper aerodigestive tract, salivary gland diseases, microvascular reconstruction, and general head and neck reconstruction.
Dr. Deschler has authored more than 180 peer-reviewed publications, as well as numerous book chapters and education reviews. He serves on the editorial board of several publications, is an Associate Editor for Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery, and is a reviewer for 35 journals. He has served as Chairman of the Head and Neck Surgery Committee of the American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery for the last several years and is a former President of the Society of University Otolaryngologist–Head and Neck Surgeons.
His research interests include investigations into the prevention of thrombosis in microvascular surgery, speech following pharyngeal reconstruction, and management issues in the treatment of advanced head and neck malignancies.
- Anterior skull base tumors
- Head & Neck Reconstruction
- Malignancies of the upper aerodigestive tract
- Salivary Gland Tumors
- Skin Cancer of the Head & Neck
- Thyroid tumors and cervical soft tissue tumors
Mass. Eye and Ear
243 Charles St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, UC San Francisco
- Fellowship, Hahnemann University Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, American Board of Otolaryngology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Tufts Health Plan
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings