Richard Lee, MD, PhD
Richard Lee, MD, PhD
Assistant Physician, Department of Medicine
Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-4000
Waltham, MAPhone: 781-487-6100
About Richard Lee, MD, PhD
After completing a bachelor's and a master's degree at Harvard, Dr. Lee then completed his medical school (M.D.) and graduate school (Ph.D.) training at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, in the Bronx, New York. He came to MGH for internal medicine residency training and then completed medical oncology fellowship training through the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute / MGH joint program. During that time, he performed basic science research at the Whitehead Institute of MIT.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Bladder cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Renal Cancer
- Testicular, penile and genito-urinary cancers
- Translational research
Mass General Cancer Center: Hematology Oncology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General Cancer Center at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Ave.
Waltham, MA 02451
- PhD, Albert Einstein college of medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Dana Farber Cancer Institute
American Board Certifications
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Since joining the staff at MGH, Dr. Lee has been engaged in translational studies of circulating tumor cells (CTCs) from peripheral blood, using a new technology developed at MGH. Our hope is that this "CTC-Chip" may have clinical usefulness for cancer patients. In addition to seeing patients, Dr. Lee is also interested in clinical trials of new drugs to treat genitourinary cancers.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings