15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
- MD, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Residency, Hospital Doce de Octubre
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Gomez-Isla has specific clinical interests in Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. She see patients with these disorders as part of clinical evaluation and care, as well as for research purposes. There is a great need to understand the mechanisms that lead to neural system collapse and impaired cognition in Alzheimer's disease and related disorders, and to find better treatments potentially able to prevent or cure this illness. A large part of her research focuses on the development and characterization of transgenic mouse models of Alzheimer's disease and on testing novel therapeutic strategies. Dr. Gomez-Isla also perform research on human brains from individuals who suffered Alzheimer's disease while alive and cognitively-intact individuals across the age spectrum searching for molecular mechanisms responsible for individual vulnerability/resilience to this type of dementia.
- Vargas T, Bullido MJ, Martinez-Garcia A, Antequera D, Clarimon J, Rosich-Estrago M, Martin-Requero A, Mateo I, Rodriguez-Rodriguez E, Vilella-Cuadrada E, Frank A, Lleo A, Molina-Porcel L, Blesa R, Combarros O, Gomez-Isla T, Bermejo-Pareja F, Valdivieso F, Carro E. A megalin polymorphism associated with promoter activity and Alzheimer's disease risk. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2010 Jun 5; 153B(4):895-902.
- Galluzzi S, Talassi E, Belussi M, Scheltens P, van de Pol L, Nobili F, Rodriguez G, Froelich L, Damian M, Martinez-Lage P, Gomez-Isla T, Reynish E, Ousset PJ, Vellas B, Frisoni GB. Multi-center comparison of medial temporal atrophy in patients with Alzheimer's disease--data from the ICTUS study. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2008; 26(4):314-22.
- Gomez-Isla T, Spires T, De Calignon A, Hyman BT. Neuropathology of Alzheimer's disease. Handb Clin Neurol. 2008; 89:233-43.
- Dufty BM, Warner LR, Hou ST, Jiang SX, Gomez-Isla T, Leenhouts KM, Oxford JT, Feany MB, Masliah E, Rohn TT. Calpain-cleavage of alpha-synuclein: connecting proteolytic processing to disease-linked aggregation. Am J Pathol. 2007 May; 170(5):1725-38.
- Ferrer I, Gomez-Isla T, Puig B, Freixes M, Rib? E, Dalf? E, Avila J. Current advances on different kinases involved in tau phosphorylation, and implications in Alzheimer's disease and tauopathies. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2005 Jan; 2(1):3-18.
- Angulo E, No? V, Casad? V, Mallol J, Gomez-Isla T, Lluis C, Ferrer I, Ciudad CJ, Franco R. Up-regulation of the Kv3.4 potassium channel subunit in early stages of Alzheimer's disease. J Neurochem. 2004 Nov; 91(3):547-57.