Martin Torriani, MD
Martin Torriani, MD
Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-7717
About Martin Torriani, MD
Martin Torriani, MD, MMSc is Professor of Radiology at Harvard Medical School and a musculoskeletal radiologist with over 25 years of clinical experience.
Since 2001, Dr. Torriani works at Massachusetts General Hospital focusing on clinical MSK imaging and research, as well as metabolic imaging. Dr. Torriani pioneered the use of botulinum toxin injections for patients suffering from neurogenic thoracic outlet syndrome. He also published numerous clinical innovations in MSK imaging, including the first peer-reviewed publications on ischiofemoral impingement syndrome (a disease of the hip) and posterolateral knee friction syndrome.
Dr. Torriani is Director of the NIH-funded MGH Metabolic Imaging Core, using advanced imaging to study human metabolism and developing artificial intelligence tools to enhance quantitative analyses. Dr. Torriani has published over 190 peer-reviewed scientific papers.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Artificial intelligence
- Metabolic Imaging
- MR imaging & PET of musculoskeletal neoplasms
- MR Imaging of Wrist, Foot & Ankle
- MR Spectroscopy of the Musculoskeletal System
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound and intervention
- Portuguese, Spanish, Italian
Mass General Imaging
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Universidade Estadual De Campinas
- Residency, Universidade Estadual De Campinas
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings