Kimberly Parks, DO
Kimberly Parks, DO
Associate Director, Resynchronization and Advanced Cardiac Therapeutics Program
Boston, MAPhone: 866-644-8910
About Kimberly Parks, DO
Dr. Kimberly Parks focuses on clinical care of patients with cardiomyopathy and heart failure and management of patients who have or need a heart transplantation.
Dr. Parks is a graduate of Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences and completed her residency and fellowship through Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. She completed subspecialty training in advanced heart failure and cardiac transplantation at Massachusetts General Hospital where she currently practices with a focus on clinical care. She is an instructor in medicine at Harvard Medical School and is actively involved in teaching residents, fellows and medical students. She is the Associate Director of the Resynchronization and Advanced Cardiac Therapeutics Program at the MGH, which is an innovate, multidisciplinary program designed to optimize the care of patients with heart failure who have or may need implanted devices for heart failure.
She has been an active participant in medical organizations, previously serving on the governing council of the American Medical Association. She has received awards in teaching and for her leadership and has lectured nationally and internationally on heart failure and cardiac transplantation. Her interests are focused on clinical care of patients with heart failure and research has focused on the clinical use of novel and established implantable devices in the management of heart failure patients.
Dr. Parks is a clinician innovator dedicated to exploring new models of care to efficiently manage patients and improve outcomes. actively involved with the healthcare transformation lab's "TeleHeart" virtual visit program, a program in which patients can login to a secure website and enter a "virtual office" where they meet their provider for a video visit.
Mass General Heart Center
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- DO, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- Residency, Cooper Hospital
- Fellowship, Cooper Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Clinical research focus is on investigational devices for heart failure including cardiac resynchronization therapy, remote monitoring of heart failure, implantable monitoring devices via direct and indirect left atrial pressure monitoring and technologies aimed at reducing heart failure hospitalizations and improving morbidity. Current multi center device trials open to enrollment include those using neuromodulation to treat heart failure, stem cell therapy and an implantable pulmonary artery sensor.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings