Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Surgical Oncology Associates
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Mass General Waltham
52 Second Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, UC Davis School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
American Board Certifications
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
I am active in clinical and translational research in an effort to optimize the treatment and outcomes of patients with soft tissue sarcomas, desmoid tumors, and cancers of the stomach.
Current Translational Research Projects:
Principal Investigator. Comparative Genomics of Retroperitoneal Liposarcoma.
Current Prospective Clinical Trials:
Phase I/II Trial of Pre-Operative Image Guided Intensity Modulated Proton Radiation Therapy (IMPT) with Simultaneously Integrated Boost to the High Risk Margin for Retroperitoneal Sarcomas.
Phase I Trial of Bevacizumab, Metronomic Doxorubicin, and Radiation Therapy for Resectable Soft Tissue Sarcomas.
- Ahmad R, Schmidt BH, Rattner DW, Mullen JT. Factors influencing readmission after curative gastrectomy for gastric cancer. J Am Coll Surg 2014;218:1215-1222.
- Schoenfeld JD, et al. The impact of positive margins on outcome among patients with gastric cancer treated with radiation. Am J Clin Oncol 2014;Feb 26 (epub ahead of print).
- Look-Hong NJ, Hornicek FJ, Harmon DC, et al. Neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for patients with high-risk extremity and truncal sarcomas: A 10-year single institution retrospective study. Eur J Cancer 2012;49:875-883.
- Mullen JT et al. b-Catenin mutation status and outcomes in sporadic desmoid tumors. Oncologist 2013;18:1043-1049.
- Mullen JT et al. Prognostic significance of treatment-induced pathologic necrosis in extremity and truncal soft tissue sarcoma after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy. Cancer 2014.