Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-7792
About Michael Hanau, MD
Michael S. Hanau, MD, a graduate of Tufts Medical School and the Harvard-Longwood Psychiatry Residency Training Program, is a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Part-time, at the Faculty of Medicine of Harvard University. He served as a Collaborating Investigator in the DSM-5 Field Trials in Routine Clinical Practice. He is Assistant Medical Director of the OCD and Related Disorders Program at MGH and a psychiatrist in the Division of Primary Care Psychiatry.
- Bipolar disorder
- Depression treatment using complementary and alternative
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Religious Scrupulosity
Mass General Psychiatry: Adult Outpatient Psychiatry Services
55 Fruit St.
Wang Ambulatory Care Center
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency, Harvard Longwood Psychiatry Residency Training Program
American Board Certifications
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health - MGH
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Olanzapine use in women with antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemia.
Reevaluation of "Alprazolam and suicidal ideation: a meta-analysis of controlled trials in the treatment of depression".
The Drug Imago: Transferential, Countertransferential, and Other Psychological Factors Involved in Psychopharmacologic Practice
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings