Charlestown , MAPhone: 617-724-5202
About Kaloyan Tanev, MD
- Huntington's disease
- Parkinson's disease
- Sleep Disorders Medicine
- Traumatic injuries
- Bulgarian, Russian
Red Sox Foundation and Mass General Home Base
One Constitution Wharf
Charlestown , MA 02129
- MD, University of Sofia Faculty of Medicine
- Residency, Butler Hospital
- Fellowship, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health - MGH
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
My main area of interest is neuropsychiatry. I work as an inpatient attending on the medical psychiatry unit, Blake 11. Additionally, I work in an outpatient neuropsychiatry clinic and at the MGH Home Base Program. I participate in clinical research.
I am interested in studying neuropsychiatric disorders, an understudied area falling between the fields of psychiatry and neurology. One of my areas of interest within neuropsychiatry is that of sleep disturbances in hospitalized patients with Alzheimer's or vascular dementia. I am also interested in identifying successful treatment strategies for traumatic brain injury.
I am part of a group of clinicians at MGH who share a passion for the development of neuropsychiatry. Our goal is to develop awareness of neuropsychiatric disorders and build educational and clinical services for this under-recognized and underserved population.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings