Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-5600
About Charles Henry, MD
Dr. Henry is a child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist who specializes in the treatment of patients with developmental disorders. After completing his training in 2001 at the Cambridge Hospital Child Fellowship Program, he joined the faculty at MGH and HMS.
Over the last ten years, Dr. Henry conducted research and provided clinical care for children with autism. He is frequently consulted on the psychopharmacologic treatment of these patients and has participated nationally in the development of evidence-based guidelines for the management of symptoms associated with autism.
Dr. Henry provides services at the MGH Child Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic where he supervises residents emphasizing both psychopharmacologic and psychodynamic perspectives with a particular emphasis on the understanding of parental limit setting failures in children with disruptive behavior disorders.
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General Psychiatry
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Northwestern University Medical School
- Residency, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Boston)
- Residency, Boston Children's Hospital
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Residency, North Suffolk Mental Health Association
- Residency, Shriners Burn Hospital
- Fellowship, Cambridge Health Alliance
American Board Certifications
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Dental
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - New York
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- United Behavioral Health
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
In addition to providing clinical care, administrative oversight, and teaching, Dr. Henry has conducted clinical research on the psychopharmacology of autism. He has received funding from the Casa Colina Foundation that has supported investigations on the effectiveness of serotonin reuptake inhibitors in autistic children. He has also participated in multicenter clinical trials investigating the effects of aripiprazole on irritability in these patients. During his child fellowship, Dr. Henry was granted a Livingston Award through HMS to examine self-awareness and neurocognitive measures in schizophrenic patients being treated with olanzapine. Research funding has resulted in multiple first-author publications and abstract presentations.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings