Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Pediatric Critical Care Unit
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- Harvard School of Public Health
- MD, UMASS School of Medicine
- MD, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Murphy conducts clinical research related to neurologic injuries and illness in children. These include being site principle investigator or a site co-investigator on two NIH-funded multi-site studies of traumatic brain injury in children, participating in an international pediatric stroke consortium, and undertaking local clinical studies related to the use of coma scales in young children, early use of EEG monitoring following traumatic brain injury, use of early MRI imaging in pediatric traumatic brain injury, and short-term cognitive effects of sedation in PICU patients. I have also sought to contribute to the understanding of the developing field of pediatric neurocritical care through conducting a survey of critical care and pediatric neurology practitioners in which we describe current practice patterns in this area
- Murphy S, Duhaime, AC, Update in Pediatric Neurotrauma. Current Trauma Reports. 2016 November; 2:222-231.
- Murphy S, Duhaime, AC, The role of neuroimaging in the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis of traumatic brain injury in children. J Pediatr Neuroradiol 2016; 05(01): 002-006.
- Murphy S. Review: Pediatric neurocritical care. Neurotherapeutics. 2012 Jan; 9(1):3-16.
- Murphy S, Thomas N, Gertz S, Beca J, Luther J, Bell M, Wisniewski S, Hartman A, Tasker R, and for the Investigators of the Approaches and Decisions in Acute Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury (ADAPT) Study. Tripartite Stratification of the Glasgow Coma Scale in Children with Severe Traumatic Brain Injury and Mortality: An Analysis from a Multicenter, Comparative Effectiveness Study. J Neurotrauma. 2017
- Murphy S, Bell M, Clark M, Whalen M, Noviski N. Pediatric neurocritical care: a short survey of current perceptions and practices. Neurocritical Care 2015 Oct; 23(2):149-58