Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-4100
About Jean Klig, MD
Jean E. Klig, M.D., is an attending physician and the Associate Chief in the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital. She received her M.D. from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Dr. Klig completed her residency in Pediatrics at Children's Hospital, Boston MA, and completed a fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Children's Hospital Oakland, CA. She is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School.
After completing a fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM), Dr. Klig was the first faculty member recruited to the new Pediatric Emergency Department (PED) at Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital, where she contributed to the development of the department. Dr. Klig served in many roles: PEM resource for the Special Olympics; PEM advisor, New Haven Regional Injury Prevention Program; PEM Chairman, Hezekiah Beardsley Chapter of the AAP; AAP delegate, State Trauma Committee; and Chairman of Connecticut's first Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) grants, state committee, and projects.
At the MGH Emergency Department and Massachusetts General Hospital for Children, Dr. Klig continues to lead in the expansion of clinical programs, PEM education, and research. She teaches extensively in both the Pediatric and Emergency Medicine residency programs, and is also the program director for the PEM clerkship rotation. Dr. Klig is an active member of the Harvard Medical School Academy for Teaching and Learning, as well as the faculty of the Harvard-Macy Institute?s ?Program for Educators in Health Professions? and other education courses. Dr. Klig has received several clinical recognition and teaching awards, and she continues to lecture nationally and internationally on key topics in PEM and medical education.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Emergency medicine
- Office preparation for Pediatric Emergencies
- Pediatric Acute Head Injury
- Pediatric Asthma Emergencies
- Pediatric emergency medicine
- Simulation-based preparation for Pediatric Emergencies
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General Emergency Medicine
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02115
- MD, Albert Einstein college of medicine
- Residency, Boston Children's Hospital
- Fellowship, UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland
American Board Certifications
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
A clinical study conducted by Dr. Klig was the first to examine the use of intramuscular dexamethasone for treatment of acute asthma exacerbations when oral steroids are not feasible in the PED. Later studies by others validated these early results. Dr. Klig has authored many review articles and case reports and she continues to be active in clinical research on related topics including imaging for closed head injury, adolescent alcohol intoxication and energy drink use. She is also active in medical education research on clinical learning and faculty development for medical educators.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings