Salem, MAPhone: 978-741-1200
About James Hung, MD
Dr. Hung graduated from Columbia University in New York City with a degree in biology and economics. He then earned his medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland. He completed both an internship in internal medicine and an ophthalmology residency at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC. Dr. Hung pursued a fellowship in glaucoma through Tufts University- New England Eye Center and Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston.
Prior to medical school, Dr. Hung spent time working in the United States Senate, the National Cancer Institute, and as a management consultant for health care information systems. His research interests are glaucoma, cataract surgery and the use of electronic medical records.
- Mandarin Chinese
North Shore Physicians Group
81 Highland Ave
Salem, MA 01970
- MD, University Of Maryland
- Residency, Medstar Georgetown University Hospital
- Fellowship, New England Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings