Michael Raizman, MD
Michael Raizman, MD
Director of Cornea and Anterior Segment Services
Salem, MAPhone: 978-741-1200
About Michael Raizman, MD
Dr. Raizman received his training at Harvard Medical School and the University of Michigan. He completed two Fellowships at the Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary, followed by 3 years of research at Harvard Medical School, funded by a grant from the National Institutes of Health. Dr.
Raizman served on the full-time faculty at Harvard Medical School from 1988-1991. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He now serves as an examiner for doctors seeking certification by the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Raizman is an Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at Tufts University School of Medicine, and has directed the Corneal Fellowship Program since 1991.
Dr. Raizman is on the editorial board of the Archives of Ophthalmology and Therapeutic Updates in Ophthalmology. He received an honor award from the American Academy of Ophthalmology for his scientific presentations and educational activities. He has delivered over 300 invited lectures throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe, and Asia and has been a visiting professor at the medical schools of Columbia University, UCLA, University of Michigan, University of Texas, Loyola, and others. He has authored over 100 medical journal articles, book chapters, CD ROM programs, and books. Dr. Raizman was selected by his peers to be included in the latest edition of Best Doctors in America. Boston Magazine recognized him as one of the top ophthalmologists in the city and Dr. Raizman is included in Who's Who in America. Dr. Raizman has also recently been named one of US News & World Report's 'Top Doctors'
- Laser Vision Correction
- Surgical and Medical Treatment of the Cornea
North Shore Physicians Group
81 Highland Ave
Salem, MA 01970
- MD, University of Michigan Medical School
- Residency, University of Michigan Hospitals
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye and Ear***
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthplan (non-HMO) - SSN
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings