Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002
- MD, Sackler School of Medicine
- Residency, New York Presbyterian Hospital Cornell Campus
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
American Board Certifications
- Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Cestari focuses on the evaluation and treatment of patients with neuro-ophthalmic disease. He is particularly involved with the medical and surgical treatment of patients with adult strabismus and diplopia. He is also developing an animal model for ischemic optic neuropathy and central retinal artery occlusion, after which he will evaluate the safety and efficacy of various navel neuro-protective agents to preserve and restore vision affected by vascular occlusion.
1. Douglas KAA, Douglas VP, Cestari DM. Relapsing Optic Neuropathy and Multiple Cranial Neuropathies in a Middle-Aged Woman. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2019 Nov 07.
2. Douglas KAA, Douglas VP, Cestari DM. Neuro-ophthalmic manifestations of the phakomatoses. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2019 Nov; 30(6):434-442.
3. Douglas VP, Douglas KAA, Cestari DM. Immune checkpoint inhibitors: what neuro-ophthalmologists need to know. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2019 Nov; 30(6):426-433.
4. Caron-Cantin M, Cestari DM, Fortin E. Clinical and radiologic approach to 'typical' versus antibody-related optic neuritis. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2019 Nov; 30(6):412-417.
5. Chun BY, Freire MV, Cestari DM. Surgical Responses and Outcomes of Bilateral Medial Rectus Recession in Esotropia With Spinocerebellar Ataxia. J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus. 2019 Jul 01; 56(4):266-270.