Melanie Kazlas, MD
Melanie Kazlas, MD
Director, Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Service
About Melanie Kazlas, MD
Dr. Melanie Kazlas is a specialist in pediatric ophthalmology as well as strabismus in adults and children.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Pediatric ophthalmology
- Adult & Pediatrics
- Medicine, Albany Medical College
- Residency, Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital
- Fellowship, Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital/NYU
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Dr. Kazlas conducts research focused on the risk factors and treatments for retinopathy of prematurity, a condition that can affect babies born preterm.
1. Dorr M, Kwon M, Lesmes LA, Miller A, Kazlas M, Chan K, Hunter DG, Lu ZL, Bex PJ. Binocular Summation and Suppression of Contrast Sensitivity in Strabismus, Fusion and Amblyopia. Front Hum Neurosci. 2019; 13:234.
2. Wan MJ, Gilbert A, Kazlas M, Wu C, Mantagos IS, Hunter DG, Shah AS. The Effect of Botulinum Toxin Augmentation on Strabismus Surgery for Large-Angle Infantile Esotropia. Am J Ophthalmol. 2018 05; 189:160-165.
3. Yang Y, Kazlas M, Sharma M, Friedmann A. AML presenting with a preleukemic episode and acquired heterochromia in a child with macrosomia. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2018 04; 65(4).
4. Finn AP, Bleier B, Cestari DM, Kazlas MA, Dagi LR, Lefebvre DR, Yoon MK, Freitag SK. A Retrospective Review of Orbital Decompression for Thyroid Orbitopathy with Endoscopic Preservation of the Inferomedial Orbital Bone Strut. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017 Sep/Oct; 33(5):334-339.
5. Wan MJ, Mantagos IS, Shah AS, Kazlas M, Hunter DG. Comparison of Botulinum Toxin With Surgery for the Treatment of Acute-Onset Comitant Esotropia in Children. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017 Apr; 176:33-39.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings