Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002
- MPH, Harvard University
- MD, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Residency, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
- Residency, Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Fellowship, Mass Eye And Ear Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institute
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Sobrin's research focuses on identifying genes associated with polygenic ophthalmic diseases, particularly diabetic retinopathy. She led a candidate gene association study of diabetic retinopathy within the Candidate gene Association Resource (CARe), which included patients from several large population-based cohorts as well as an admixture genetic association study for diabetic retinopathy in African Americans. Currently, she is the principal investigator a multi-ethnic genome-wide association study of diabetic retinopathy. She is also has an interest in ocular disease pharmacogenetics and is chair of the Genetics Committee for the DRCR.net.
1. McKay KM, Borkar DS, Sevgi DD, Susarla G, Papaliodis GN, Sobrin L. Comparison of Modified Posterior Sub-Tenon's vs. Trans-Septal Triamcinolone Injection for Non-infectious Uveitis. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2020 Jan 04; 1-8.
2. Sobrin L, Pistilli M, Dreger K, Kothari S, Khachatryan N, Artornsombudh P, Pujari SS, Foster CS, Jabs DA, Nussenblatt RB, Rosenbaum JT, Levy-Clarke GA, Sen HN, Suhler EB, Thorne JE, Bhatt NP, Kempen JH. Factors Predictive of Remission of Chronic Anterior Uveitis. Ophthalmology. 2019 Nov 28.
3. Wang D, Bloomberg JD, Sobrin L, Goldstein D, Skondra D. Atypical herpes simplex virus type 2 acute retinal necrosis presentation with large subretinal lesion. Am J Ophthalmol Case Rep. 2019 Sep; 15:100501.
4. Stanwyck LK, Moussa K, Chan W, Aitken PA, Sobrin L. Lack of Correlation between Number of Antiretinal Antibodies and Clinical Outcome Measures in Autoimmune Retinopathy Patients. Ophthalmol Retina. 2019 Nov; 3(11):1007-1009.
5. Minkus CL, Bispo PJM, Papaliodis GN, Sobrin L. Real-Time Multiplex PCR Analysis in Infectious Uveitis. Semin Ophthalmol. 2019; 34(4):252-255.