Boston, MAPhone: 617-643-8000
About Daniel Townsend, MD
Dr. Townsend has been in practice for 25 years, since completing residency and fellowship training in 1985. He has had extensive experience as a practicing ophthalmologist and oculofacial surgeon, having directed the residency oculoplastic services at both Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and Tufts New England Medical Center in the past, along with founding the orbital trauma service at Mass Eye and Ear in 1985. He has numerous publications in the peer reviewed literature, and has authored and edited several books and book chapters within his specialty. He is the former president of the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary medical staff, and in 2000 was awarded the American Academy of Ophthalmology Senior Achievement award for his contributions to the field of ophthamology.
- Cosmetic oculofacial plastic surgery
- Facial nerve disorders
- Functional eyelid and orbital surgery
- Neurological facial spastic disorders (Blepharospasm)
- Tearduct (lacrimal) problems
- Adult & Pediatrics
North End Waterfront Health
332 Hanover St.
Boston, MA 02113
- MD, Mayo Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye and Ear***
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye and Ear***
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Atlas of Eyelid Surgery, WB Saunders, publisher, 1994, co-author
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings