Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Nantucket Cottage Hospital
57 Prospect St.
Nantucket, MA 02554
Mass General Cancer Center: Hematology Oncology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
American Board Certifications
- Hematology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Barnes performs translational research in lymphoma including clinical trials of novel therapies for the treatment of cutaneous lymphoma, non-Hodgkin lymphomas, Hodgkin lymphoma (Hodgkin's disease), and chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Barnes JA, Abramson JS. Differential Diagnosis and Novel Treatment Strategies for Adult T Cell Leukemia Lymphoma. Oncology. Dec 23;14, p.1267-1270 (2009)
- Abramson JS, Hellmann M, Barnes JA, Hammermann P, Toomey C, Takvorian T, Muzikansky A, Hochberg EP. Intravenous methotrexate as central nervous system prophylaxis is associated with a low risk of CNS recurrence in high-risk patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Cancer Jun 8 Epub ahead of print (2010)
- Barnes JA, LaCasce AS, Zukotynski K, Israel D, Feng Y, Neuburg D, Tomey C, Hochberg EP, Canellos GP, Abramson JS. End of treatment but not interim PET scan predicts outcomes in non-bulky limited stage Hodgkin lymphoma. Ann of Oncology Oct 15 (2010)
- Barnes JA, LaCasce AS, Feng Y, Tomey C, Neuburg D, Michaelson JS, Hochberg EP, Abramson JS. Evaluation of the Addition of Rituximab to CODOX-M/IVAC for Burkitt Lymphoma: A Retrospective Analysis. Ann of Oncology In Feb 21 (2011)