Jeffrey Barnes, MD, PhD
Jeffrey Barnes, MD, PhD
Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-4000
Oak Bluffs, MAPhone: 508-693-0410
About Jeffrey Barnes, MD, PhD
Jeffrey Barnes, MD, PhD is a graduate of the University of Illnois College of Medicine. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. He then completed his fellowship in Medical Oncology at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute before joining the faculty at the Massachusetts General Hospital. He is a member of the US Cutaneous Lymphoma Consortium. His research interests focus on the identification and evaluation of novel agents for the treatment of lymphoma.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
- Cutaneous b-cell lymphoma
- Cutaneous t-cell lymphoma
- Hodgkin's lymphoma (also known as Hodgkin's disease)
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)
Mass General Cancer Center: Hematology Oncology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
Martha's Vineyard Hospital
1 Hospital Rd.
Oak Bluffs, MA 02557
- M.D.; Ph.D., University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urbana-Champaign
- Fellowship, Dana Farber Cancer Institute
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Barnes performs translational research in lymphoma including clinical trials of novel therapies for the treatment of cutaneous lymphoma, non-Hodgkin lymphomas, Hodgkin lymphoma (Hodgkin's disease), and chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Barnes JA, Abramson JS. Differential Diagnosis and Novel Treatment Strategies for Adult T Cell Leukemia Lymphoma. Oncology. Dec 23;14, p.1267-1270 (2009)
- Abramson JS, Hellmann M, Barnes JA, Hammermann P, Toomey C, Takvorian T, Muzikansky A, Hochberg EP. Intravenous methotrexate as central nervous system prophylaxis is associated with a low risk of CNS recurrence in high-risk patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Cancer Jun 8 Epub ahead of print (2010)
- Barnes JA, LaCasce AS, Zukotynski K, Israel D, Feng Y, Neuburg D, Tomey C, Hochberg EP, Canellos GP, Abramson JS. End of treatment but not interim PET scan predicts outcomes in non-bulky limited stage Hodgkin lymphoma. Ann of Oncology Oct 15 (2010)
- Barnes JA, LaCasce AS, Feng Y, Tomey C, Neuburg D, Michaelson JS, Hochberg EP, Abramson JS. Evaluation of the Addition of Rituximab to CODOX-M/IVAC for Burkitt Lymphoma: A Retrospective Analysis. Ann of Oncology In Feb 21 (2011)
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings