Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923-3623
Surgical Oncology Associates
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Residency, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
American Board Certifications
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Coopey's research activities are focused on innovations in lumpectomy techniques to optimize re-excision rates and cosmetic outcomes, clarifying the risk of breast cancer in women with atypical breast lesions, and evaluating nipple-sparing mastectomy techniques and outcomes.
- Optimizing Lumpectomy Outcome
- High Risk Patients
- Nipple Sparing Mastectomy
- Coopey SB, Smith BL. The Nipple is Just Another Margin. Ann Surg Oncol 2015 Nov;22(12):3764-6.
- Coopey SB, Tang R, Lei L, Freer PE, Kansal K, Colwell AS, Gadd MA, Specht MC, Austen WG, Smith BL. Increasing Eligibility for Nipple Sparing Mastectomy. Ann Surg Oncol 2013;20(10):3218.
- Coopey SB, Specht MC, Warren L, Smith BL, Winograd JM, Fleischmann K. Use of Preoperative Paravertebral Block Decreases Length of Stay in Patients Undergoing Mastectomy plus Immediate Reconstruction. Ann Surg Oncol 2013;20(4): 1282-6.
- Coopey SB, Mazzola E, Buckley JM, Sharko J, Belli AK, Kim EM, Polubriaginof F, Parmigiani G, Garber JE, Smith BL, Gadd MA, Specht MC, Guidi AJ, Roche CA, Hughes KS. The Role of Chemoprevention in Modifying the Risk of Breast Cancer in Women with Atypical Breast Lesions. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2012;136(3): 627–633.
- Coopey SB, Buckley JM, Smith BL, Hughes KS, Gadd MA, Specht MC. Lumpectomy Cavity Shaved Margins Do Not Impact Re-Excision Rates in Breast Cancer Patients. Ann Surg Oncol 2011; 18:3036-3040
- Coopey S, Smith BL, Hanson SA, Buckley JM, Hughes KS, Gadd MA, Specht MC. The Safety of Multiple Re-Excisions after Lumpectomy for Breast Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol 2011; 18: 3797-3801.