Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923-3623
Surgical Oncology Associates
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Residency, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
American Board Certifications
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Coopey's research activities are focused on evaluating nipple sparing mastectomy techniques, patient selection, oncologic outcomes, and patient satisfaction. Her work also includes clarifying the risk of breast cancer in patients with atypical breast lesions, and innovations in lumpectomy techniques to optimize re-excision rates and cosmetic outcomes.
- Nipple Sparing Mastectomy
- High risk patients
- Optimizing lumpectomy outcomes
- Coopey SB, Acar A, Griffin M, et al. The Impact of Patient Age on Breast Cancer Risk Prediction Models. Breast J 2018;24(4): 592-598.
- Smith BL, Tang R, Rai U... Coopey SB. Oncologic Safety of Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy in Women with Breast Cancer. J Am Coll Surg 2017;225(3):361-365.
- Coopey SB, Mitchell SD. Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy: Pitfalls and Challenges. Ann Surg Oncol 2017;24(10): 2863-2868.
- Coopey SB, Smith BL. The Nipple is Just Another Margin. Ann Surg Oncol 2015 Nov;22(12):3764-6.
- Coopey SB, Tang R, Lei L, et al. Increasing Eligibility for Nipple Sparing Mastectomy. Ann Surg Oncol 2013;20(10):3218.
- Coopey SB, Specht MC, Warren L, et al. Use of Preoperative Paravertebral Block Decreases Length of Stay in Patients Undergoing Mastectomy plus Immediate Reconstruction. Ann Surg Oncol 2013;20(4): 1282-6.
- Coopey SB, Mazzola E, Buckley JM, et al. The Role of Chemoprevention in Modifying the Risk of Breast Cancer in Women with Atypical Breast Lesions. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2012;136(3): 627–633.
- Coopey SB, Buckley JM, Smith BL, et al. Lumpectomy Cavity Shaved Margins Do Not Impact Re-Excision Rates in Breast Cancer Patients. Ann Surg Oncol 2011; 18:3036-3040
- Coopey S, Smith BL, Hanson SA, et al. The Safety of Multiple Re-Excisions after Lumpectomy for Breast Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol 2011; 18: 3797-3801.