Boston, MAPhone: 781-221-6565
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-2000
About Geren Stone, MD
Dr. Geren Stone completed his Internal Medicine/Primary Care residency training at Massachusetts General Hospital. Following residency, Dr. Stone received a Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (DTM&H) from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. Dr. Stone then worked with Indiana University as the Medicine Team Liaison for the AMPATH program (Academic Model Providing Access to Healthcare) in Eldoret, Kenya. In that role, he coordinated the experiences of visiting medical students and residents while also holding teaching and clinical responsibilities as a Visiting Lecturer for Moi University. He worked closely with the leadership of Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital to examine the quality of care on the medical wards and to create systems for continual improvement.
Originally from Atlanta, Dr. Stone received a Bachelor degree in Sociology from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He then worked in Tajikistan with physicians providing medical training in family medicine and caring for TB patients in the prison system. After that experience, he returned to earn his Medical Degree from University of Virginia School of Medicine.
Ultimately, his interest is engaging disparities and the systems that generate them. He returned to MGH as the Global Medicine program director with a desire to work and think creatively in building mutually beneficial partnerships locally and globally that train leaders, allow for cutting edge innovation and research, and impact the health of communities. Working as a primary care provider for Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program, he hopes to model a career engaging vulnerable populations locally and globally.
Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP)
780 Albany St.
Boston, MA 02118
Mass General Internal Medicine
50 Staniford St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Addiction Medicine, American Board of Addiction Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings