Nicolas Bu-Saba, MD
Nicolas Bu-Saba, MD
Physician and Surgeon
Harvard Medical School Associate Professor of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Boston, MAPhone: 617-523-7900
About Nicolas Bu-Saba, MD
Dr. Nicolas BuSaba, a fellowship-trained otolaryngologist and surgeon with more than 20 years of experience, specializes in rhinology, paranasal sinus disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea and sleep-disordered breathing. His clinical interests include rhinology and sinus disease, snoring and sleep apnea, laryngology, and voice disorders.
Dr. BuSaba serves as the Physician Director on the Mass. Eye and Ear Associate Board of Directors, as a member of the Board of Directors for the Massachusetts Society of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, and as the Legislative Chairperson for the Massachusetts Society of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery.
He has participated in several national and international meetings and instructional courses and has published more than 45 peer-reviewed papers in the field and several textbook chapters.
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Laryngology / Voice
- Obstructive sleep apnea and sleep-disordered breathing
- Paranasal sinus disorders
- Voice and swallowing disorders
Mass. Eye and Ear
243 Charles St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, American University of Beirut
- Residency, American University of Beirut Medical Center
- Residency, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Boston)
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye and Ear***
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye and Ear***
American Board Certifications
- Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, American Board of Otolaryngology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- Tufts Health Plan
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Busaba serves as principal investigator or co-investigator on several basic science and research projects. He is the principal investigator on a research project that aims at studying a possible connection between connexin genes mutations and chronic rhinosinusitis in both adults and children. He also serves as principal investigator on a clinical research project to determine the role of osteoplastic frontal sinus obliteration in the treatment of frontal sinus disease in the era of endoscopic sinus surgery. Furthermore, he is a co-investigator on a multi-institutional clinical research project to determine the safety and efficacy of a new tongue base implant that is being designed to treat OSA patients.
- Silverman J, Prasittivatechakook K, and Busaba NY. Evidence Based Review of Endoscopic Frontal Sinus Surgery. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2009; 23:59-62.
- Kieff DA, Busaba NY. Reformation of conchae bullosae following treatment by crushing technique: implications for balloon sinuplasty. Laryngoscope. 2009;119:2454-6.
- Yamin M, Holbrook EH, Gray ST, Harold R, Busaba NY, Sridhar A, Powell KJ, and Hamilos DL. Cigarette smoke combined with Toll-like receptor 3 (TLR3) signaling triggers exaggerated epithelial RANTED / CCL5 expression in chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS). J Allergy Clin Immun 2008; 122:1145-53.
- Busaba NY, Sin HJ, and Salman SD. Impact of gender on clinical presentation of chronic rhinosinusitis with and without polyposis. J Laryngol Otol. 2008; 122:1180-4.
- Busaba NY, Sin HJ, and Cunningham M. Connexin genes 26 and 30 mutation in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis. Laryngoscope 2008; 118: 310-3.
- Busaba NY, Shaumberg DA. Predictors of prolonged length of stay after major elective head and neck surgery. Laryngoscope 2007; 117: 1756-63.
- Busaba NY, Sin HJ, Faquin W. Correlation between Middle Turbinate and Ipsilateral Ethmoid Histopathology in Chronic Rhinosinusitis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2006; 134:250-4.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings