Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002
- MD, American University of Beirut
- Residency, American University of Beirut Medical Center
- Residency, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
American Board Certifications
- Otolaryngology, American Board of Otolaryngology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Busaba serves as principal investigator or co-investigator on several basic science and research projects. He is the principal investigator on a research project that aims at studying a possible connection between connexin genes mutations and chronic rhinosinusitis in both adults and children. He also serves as principal investigator on a clinical research project to determine the role of osteoplastic frontal sinus obliteration in the treatment of frontal sinus disease in the era of endoscopic sinus surgery. Furthermore, he is a co-investigator on a multi-institutional clinical research project to determine the safety and efficacy of a new tongue base implant that is being designed to treat OSA patients.
- Silverman J, Prasittivatechakook K, and Busaba NY. Evidence Based Review of Endoscopic Frontal Sinus Surgery. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2009; 23:59-62.
- Kieff DA, Busaba NY. Reformation of conchae bullosae following treatment by crushing technique: implications for balloon sinuplasty. Laryngoscope. 2009;119:2454-6.
- Yamin M, Holbrook EH, Gray ST, Harold R, Busaba NY, Sridhar A, Powell KJ, and Hamilos DL. Cigarette smoke combined with Toll-like receptor 3 (TLR3) signaling triggers exaggerated epithelial RANTED / CCL5 expression in chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS). J Allergy Clin Immun 2008; 122:1145-53.
- Busaba NY, Sin HJ, and Salman SD. Impact of gender on clinical presentation of chronic rhinosinusitis with and without polyposis. J Laryngol Otol. 2008; 122:1180-4.
- Busaba NY, Sin HJ, and Cunningham M. Connexin genes 26 and 30 mutation in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis. Laryngoscope 2008; 118: 310-3.
- Busaba NY, Shaumberg DA. Predictors of prolonged length of stay after major elective head and neck surgery. Laryngoscope 2007; 117: 1756-63.
- Busaba NY, Sin HJ, Faquin W. Correlation between Middle Turbinate and Ipsilateral Ethmoid Histopathology in Chronic Rhinosinusitis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2006; 134:250-4.