Carrie Cunningham, MD, MPH
Carrie Cunningham, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Attending Surgeon, Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care, Danvers
Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-4000
Danvers, MAPhone: 978-882-6100
About Carrie Cunningham, MD, MPH
Dr. Carrie Cunningham is an associate professor of surgery at Harvard Medical School, section head of the Endocrine Surgery Program at Massachusetts General Hospital, and a senior scientist at the Mass General Institute for Technology Assessment. She is the Association of Endocrine Surgeons research committee chair and executive council member and the past president of the Association of Academic Surgery. Her overarching research mission has been to improve the health and well-being of patients with benign and malignant endocrine-related diseases. She is the principal investigator of an NIH/NCI R-37 (R01-type merit award) award to examine the potential impact of new diagnostic technologies and personalized management strategies in patients with thyroid cancer using mathematical disease simulation modeling and an American Cancer Society Research Scholar Award to develop a patient-reported instrument to assess thyroid-cancer specific quality of life.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Adrenal tumors
- Parathyroid tumors
- Thyroid cancer surgery
- Thyroid tumors
- Ultrasound & Ultrasound-guided thyroid FNAs
Mass General Surgery: Surgical Oncology
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
102-104 Endicott St.
Danvers, MA 01923
- MD, University of Michigan Medical School
- Residency, New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- General Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
In addition to her clinical practice which focuses on both benign and malignant thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal disease, Dr. Cunningham has clinical and translational research interests including prediction and decision-analytic modeling to assess the comparative effectiveness and improve the quality of care of patients with endocrine-related disorders. Her current projects involve identifying appropriate and effective diagnostic, surgical, and surveillance strategies for patients with primary hyperaldosteronism and thyroid cancer. She obtained a Master of Public Health through the Harvard School of Public Health and completed her fellowship in the Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center Program in Cancer Outcomes Research Training in 2013. She continues as a senior scientist at the MGH Institute for Technology Assessment.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings