Not Accepting new primary care patients
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-2375
About Bill Lester, MD
Dr. Lester received his MD degree from The University of Texas Medical School at Houston after earning his master's degree in Electrical and Biomedical Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin and his bachelors in electrical engineering from The Ohio State University.
Dr. Lester trained in internal medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital and completed a fellowship in medical informatics in the combined Harvard University/MIT HST Program. As a member of the Harvard Medical School Faculty, he currently teaches, performs research, and sees patients in both primary and urgent care.
Dr. Lester also serves as Assistant Director of MGH's biomedical informatics fellowship training program where his work has focused on building the tools to provide patients with the safest and highest quality care.
- Adult primary care medicine
- Diet and exercise
- Medical informatics
- Patient empowerment
- Practice innovation
- Primary Prevention
- Urgent care
Mass General Internal Medicine Associates
55 Fruit St.
Wang Ambulatory Care Center
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Texas Medical School-Houston
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- MassHealth ACO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- United Healthplan (non-HMO) - other
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings