Benjamin Bleier, MD
Benjamin Bleier, MD
Claire and John Bertucci Chair in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Harvard Medical School Associate Professor of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Boston, MAPhone: 617-523-7900
About Benjamin Bleier, MD
Dr. Benjamin Bleier specializes in sinus, nasal, skull base, and orbital surgery and is committed to providing only the highest quality patient care. As Director of Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery, he focuses on revision and complex sinus surgery as well as state-of-the-art endoscopic management of sinus, orbit, and skull base lesions including sinonasal tumors, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leaks, and encephaloceles.
As Co-Director of the Center for Thyroid Eye Disease and Orbital Surgery, he has helped pioneer several new minimally invasive approaches for orbital tumors and has authored more than 175 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters, as well as two textbooks in the field of orbit and sinus-related disease. He lectures both nationally and internationally on topics including the management of orbit and skull base tumors, endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy, causes and treatments of sinusitis, and intranasal drug delivery techniques to the brain.
As Director of Otolaryngology Translational Research, Dr. Bleier is an R01 funded surgeon-scientist, holds multiple patents, and has been recognized by the Michael J. Fox Foundation, Boston Magazine, Harvard Medicine Magazine, and The Scientist Magazine for his work.
- Endoscopic cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leak repair
- Endoscopic encephalocele repair
- Endoscopic treatment of sinus and skull base cancer
- Image guided surgery
- Revision and Complex Sinus Surgery
Mass. Eye and Ear
243 Charles St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residency, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship, Medical University of South Carolina
American Board Certifications
- Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surg, American Board of Otolaryngology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- Tufts Health Plan
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Reconstructive Techniques Following Endoscopic Sinus and Skull Base Cancer Surgery
Sinonasal Pharmacosurgical Approaches
Sutureless Laser Assisted Wound Repair
Novel Topical Therapies for Sinusitis
Endoscopic Orbital Surgery
The role of passive and active epithelial barrier function in sinonasal inflammatory disease
- Bleier BS, Cohen NA, Chiu AG, et al. Endonasal Laser Tissue Welding: First Human Experience. Am J of Rhinol Allergy. 24(3):244-6, 2010 May.
- Bleier BS, Kofonow JM, Hashmi N, Chennupati SK, Cohen NA.
Antibiotic Eluting Chitosan Glycerophosphate Implant in the Setting of Acute Bacterial Sinusitis: A Rabbit Model. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 24(2):129-32, 2010 Mar.
- Bleier BS, Kennedy DW, Palmer JN, et al. Current Management of Juvenile Nasopharyngeal Angiofibroma: A Tertiary Center Experience 1999-2007. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 23(3):328-30, 2009 May-Jun.
- Bleier BS, Palmer JN, Sparano AM, Cohen NA. Laser Assisted Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak Repair: An Animal Model to Test Feasibility. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 137(5):810-4, 2007 Nov.
- Bleier BS, Mirza N. Image Guided Transoral Approach to the Pterygopalatine Fossa. Laryngoscope. 116(10):1927-1929, 2006 Oct.
- Bleier BS, Schlosser RJ. Prevention and Management of Medial
Rectus Injury. Otolaryngol Clin N. Am. 43(4):801-7, Aug 2010.
- Bleier BS. Complications of Sinusitis. In: Thaler E. Kennedy DW. Eds., Rhinosinusitis: A Guide to Diagnosis and Management. New York: Springer 2008.
- Bleier BS, Govindaraj S, Palmer JN. State of the Art Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak and Encephalocele Repair. Op Tech in Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 17(1):49-57, March 2006.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings