Accepting New Patients
Boston, MAPhone: 617-643-2132
About Thomas Fry, MD
Dr. Fry provides patients an exceptionally high level of primary care and service with a focus on preventive care, health screening, wellness, nutrition and fitness.
Dr. Fry graduated from Brandeis University cum laude and received his medical degree from the University of Massachusetts Medical School. He completed an internal medicine residency and internship at Lahey Clinic Medical Center, where he later served as the senior staff physician for seven years. In addition to providing clinical care at Lahey Clinic, Dr. Fry also supervised medical students, residents and fellows, and participated in committees and review boards.
Dr. Fry joined Mass General and Harvard Medical School in 2010 where he continues to supervise residents and clinical staff while focusing on adult primary care. He has particular interest in diabetes and has directed faculty development n delivering more comprehensive care to patients with diabetes.
Dr. Fry has a philosophy of care that is rooted in service to his patients and to his community since becoming an Eagle Scout. He has a special interest in patient safety and communication skills surrounding quality of care, medical errors, and patient safety where he worked to integrate these concepts into the teaching curriculum of medical students. He was the director of the transition at Mass General Waltham to becoming a level 3 NCQA certified patient-centered medical home, which emphasizes a team-based approach focused on providing comprehensive and continuous medical care to patients with the goal of obtaining maximum health outcomes.
In addition, Dr. Fry is involved in a wide array of community teaching and coaching activities in baseball, hockey and soccer, including a leadership role as the Director of the Major League in Warrendale Little League, where he has coached each of his 5 children. He received the special honor of being named Warrendale Little League Coach of the Year in 2014.
- Concierge medicine
- Diabetes management
- Diet and exercise
- Patient safety
- Preventive medicine
Mass General Concierge Medicine
50 Staniford St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Residency, Lahey Hospital & Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Rendahl KG, Gaukhshteyn N, Wheeler DA, Fry Thomas A, Hall JC. Defects in Courtship and Vision Caused by Amino Acid Substitutions in a Putative RNA-Binding Protein Encoded by the No-on-transient A (nonA) Gene of Drosophila. Journal of Neuroscience. 16(4): 1511-22, 1996 Feb 15.
- Stanewsky R, Fry Thomas A, Reim I, Saumweber H, Hall JC. Bioassaying Putative RNA-binding Motifs in a Protein Encoded by a Gene That Influences Courtship and Visually Mediated Behavior in Drosophila: in vitro Mutagenesis of nonA. 143 (1): 259-75, 1996 May.
- Fry Thomas A, Evans JH, Sanderson MJ. Propagation of Intercellular Calcium Waves in C6 Glioma Cells Transfected with Connexins 43 or 32. Microscopy Research and Technique. 52(3): 289-300, 2001 Feb 1.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings