Results from the largest clinical trial of its kind do not support the use of fish oil supplements—a source of omega-3 fatty acid—to help prevent depression. The findings help clarify mixed results from previous studies.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Psychiatry: Adult Outpatient Psychiatry Services
55 Fruit St.
Wang Ambulatory Care Center
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Yale School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, McLean Hospital - Clinical Trainees
American Board Certifications
- Geriatric Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Related News and Articles
- Press Release
- Aug | 4 | 2020
In a study of 18,500+ people, researchers found there was no significant difference in depression risk between those receiving active vitamin D3 supplements and those on placebo.