Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-5600
Boston, MAPhone: 866-449-6779
About Michelle Stein, PhD
Dr. Stein received her Ph.D. from Adelphi University-Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies. She completed her clinical internship at Sagamore Children's Psychiatric Center and completed her clinical postdoctoral training at MGH's Psychology Assessment Center in psychological, personality, and neuropsychological assessment. She has been a staff psychologist at MGH since 2010.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Psychodynamic and DBT outpatient and inpatient psychotherapy
- Psychological and Personality Assessment
Mass General Psychiatry
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General Psychiatry: Center for Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Disorders
One Bowdoin Square
Boston, MA 02114
- PhD, Adelphi University
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beacon Health - ACD
- Beacon Health - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health - MGH
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Assessment of narrative data, particularly the Thematic Apperception Test (TAT) and Early memories
Validity of the Social Cognition and Object Relations Scale-Global Rating Method
Psychotherapy Process and Outcome
- Stein, MB, Pinsker, JH, Hilsenroth, MJ. Borderline Pathology and the Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI): An Evaluation of Criterion and Concurrent Validity, Journal of Personality Assessment, 2007, 88(1), 81-89.
- Stein, MB, Hilsenroth, MJ, Pinsker-Aspen, JH, Primavera, L. Validity of DSM-IV Axis V Global Assessment of Relational Functioning Scale (GARF. A Multi-Method Assessment, Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 197(1), 50-55.
- Stein, MB, Pesale, F, Slavin, J, Hilsenroth, MJ. A Training outline for Conducting Psychotherapy Process Ratings: An example Using Therapist Technique, Counselling and Psychotherapy Research, 10(1), 50-59.
- Stein, MB, Siefert, CJ, Stewart RVS, Hilsenroth, MJ (in press). Relationship between the Social Cognition and Object Relations Scale (SCORS) and Attachment Style in a clinical sample, Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings